We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Cath Greene, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website www.cathgreene.com (the “Website”)
· Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
a) When you sign up for our email list to receive free content, including (but not exclusive to) blog post highlights, eBooks, and offers;
* Data collected: Email address
b) When you make a purchase direct from us
* Data collected: Name;
Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us)
c) When you complete the ‘contact us’ form or email us direct
* Data collected: Name
Plus any personal data you wish to impart as part of your email (copy/body text) to us.
All data is collected and used for a single purpose, we do not transfer data outside of that purpose – for example, if you contact us via the contact form or email (c), we will not add your email address to our email list (a).
· Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
· Process and manage your use of our website
· Respond to your questions, comments and requests
· Where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you
· Improve our services and Website through analysis of information
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will never sell your data, nor will we share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below: We share Personal Data as and when absolutely necessary with third parties (Squarespace & Mailchimp– click to read their privacy policies) who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us.
Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email or via our postal address below:
• See what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• Ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• Ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• Ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• Withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Contact Us
Name: Cath Greene
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 11 Cherry Tree Lane
9. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.